SCHD opens appointments for new family planning program
TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) – Residents of Shawnee Co. can now make appointments with the capital’s new family planning program to help low-income or uninsured families.
From Thursday 3 March, the Shawnee County Health Department says he will be scheduling appointments for the new family planning program which will open Monday, March 7.
SCHD said family planning services will be available at its Clinical Services Division, 2115 SW 10th Ave, by appointment only. He said the services are available to everyone, regardless of income, health insurance, gender or residence.
To make an appointment, call 785-251-5700. The clinic hours are as follows:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Tuesday – 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Thursday – 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
SCHD said family planning includes a wide variety of pregnancy-related services. He said some of the basic services provided by all Title X recipients include:
- Discussion with patients about their reproductive life project
- A wide range of acceptable and effective family planning methods and services to delay or prevent pregnancy
- The wide range of family planning services does not include abortion as a method of family planning
- Pregnancy testing and counseling in accordance with Title X regulations
The Ministry of Health announced that it will hold an official ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the new program during National Public Health Week from April 4-8.
SCHD said funding for the program was provided by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment Title X Family Planning Program – a state-federal partnership to provide reproductive wellness and related preventive health services.
For 50 years, the Ministry of Health has declared Title X Family Planning Services have played a crucial role in ensuring access to a wide range of family planning and related preventive health services for millions of low-income and uninsured people across the United States
Copyright 2022 WIBW. All rights reserved.