National Family Day as a boost to improve postpartum family planning

Really focus on education and health programs, so that the people of Aceh have educated, well-trained, skilled and healthy human resources

Jakarta (ANTARA) – The head of the National Population and Family Planning Agency (BKKBN), Hasto Wardoyo, said the 29th National Family Day in 2022 is a boost to improve the services of the planning program family for postpartum mothers.

“Postpartum without a family planning program can hinder efforts to eradicate stunting. We can eradicate stunting with family planning after postpartum to achieve the goal,” he said. noted in a written statement received here on Wednesday.

Wardoyo pointed out that postpartum family planning services were effective in reducing the prevalence of child stunting since mothers participating in family planning could reduce the number of unmet family planning needs.

Moreover, psychologically, he notices that a mother who has just given birth does not want to have another child right away. This period could be used to opt for contraception which can ensure a gap between the births of children, he added.

Related News: Eradicating stunting requires strong commitment from families: BKKBN

“No mother wants to give birth to another child within a year. However, if asked about contraceptive use, only 29% agree. We need to convince the remaining 71% to use contraception, it can be condoms, pills or implants,” Wardoyo noted.

In order to increase contraceptive use, the communication strategy should use language that is easy to understand, polite and educates mothers. Thus, the Bangga Kencana program implemented by BKKBN to create qualified families in Indonesia could be realized, he said.

Related news: Poverty is not the main cause of stunting: BKKBN

Nowadays, the percentage of stunting in Indonesia reaches 24.4%, which is far from the standard set by the World Health Organization (WHO) at 20%.

Therefore, Wardoyo urged all levels in each region to work proactively and use mass media and social media to increase knowledge of contraceptives in the community.

“Communication is very important. We will not succeed if we remain silent. Look for opportunities, if not, create your own opportunities. We must remember to achieve the vision of a balanced population and family,” he said.

Related News: BKKBN Collaborates with Stakeholders to Lower Stunting Rate

Related News: BKKBN Collaborates with Parenting Apps to Accelerate Stunting Reduction

Comments are closed.