Literature Review: CSC for Family Planning Service Delivery – Breakthrough ACTION
Performance period: July – August 2022
LoE: 10 days
Hiring Manager: Shannon Pryor, Senior Advisor Family Planning and Reproductive Health
Breakthrough ACTION is a five-year, cooperative agreement funded by USAID to lead its SBC programming worldwide. Breakthrough ACTION triggers collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviors – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under mosquito nets to being tested for HIV – by forging, testing and scaling up new hybrid approaches to change social and behavioral (SCC). Breakthrough ACTION is a partnership led by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) in collaboration with Save the Children, ThinkPlaceUS, ideas42, and Camber Collective with expert support from the International Center for Research on Women and Viamo.
Reason for this consultation
Interest in using SBC across the service delivery continuum has increased significantly recently. However, many players remain skeptical of the role of SBC due to a lack of evidence or a narrow design of SBC. Other actors believe in the power of CCS but lack a clear vision for implementing CCS in service delivery settings. Save the Children wanted to engage a consultant to conduct a gray and peer-reviewed literature review to illustrate the intersection between family planning (FP) SBC service delivery and community health systems strengthening ( RSS), highlighting gaps and identifying areas for learning. .
Description of services and deliverables
- Activity: Literature review
- Days: 10
- Deliverable: Presentation summarizing the results.
Save the Children responsibilities
- Facilitate agreement and payments with the consultant in accordance with Save the Children HR policy.
- Brief the consultant on the assignment and provide technical support throughout the process of this assignment.
- Review deliverables in a timely manner.
All work will be done remotely by the consultant using their own computer.
The end date of this consultation is August 15, 2022, and all work must be completed by then.
Save the Children and the consultant will agree on a payment schedule based on the submitted and approved deliverables.
Qualifications required of the consultant
- Demonstrated expertise in research techniques, in particular conducting literature reviews and synthesizing large volumes of gray literature
- Experience working in SBC for FP, FP service delivery, health system strengthening, and/or community system strengthening
- Expertise in using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint for submission of deliverables
Shannon Pryor, Senior Advisor, Family Planning and Reproductive Health, Save the Children, USA
All materials will be identified as a product of the Breakthrough ACTION project.
All final deliverables must be submitted to Save the Children electronically. The Breakthrough ACTION project is and will remain the owner of the deliverables.
How to register
Please send your CV and proposed daily rate to Daniel Sweeney ([email protected]).