Grant Manager job at Peninsula Family Service
The Grants and Community Partners Manager is responsible for developing departmental strategies and plans to ensure that all aspects of government, foundation and corporate grant writing, grant stewardship and planning term are implemented effectively and efficiently.
Responsibility rests with the manager to write the majority of grants for Peninsula Family Service, as well as provide excellent stewardship to foundation and community partners, including writing reports and strategizing for the best opportunities. commitment for each funder. The role includes establishing, strengthening and maintaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders including staff, current and potential funders, community partners, Board of Directors and volunteers.
The individual in this position is also responsible for ensuring excellent management of all corporate, foundation and government funders in this portfolio. This management involves ensuring that all funders receive the recognition opportunities offered through the PFS Corporate and Community Partner Program. Donors at each level of support receive the benefits they identify in opportunities at their level of giving.
This position also works with the Program Analyst for evaluation and learning, specifically to ensure that correct demographics and program results are tracked and reported to funders. Peninsula Family Service is a leading nonprofit organization in developing effective systems to track data and demographics for reporting purposes and to improve our programs. We are breaking new ground in this area, which is both exciting and very beneficial for the person in this donor reporting role.
The position is a key member of the organization’s advancement team and is responsible for driving efficiency and results related to grants and other team advancement activities. The role also involves extensive interaction with Program Officers and other Peninsula Family Service staff.
The manager will maintain up-to-date knowledge and information on social issues, trends in program delivery and relevant community needs. The manager will also use the online grant search software used by the Peninsula Family Service.
An active demonstration of Peninsula Family Services values is expected of every staff member. All of our work is based on our commitment to integrity, respect, compassion, diversity, teamwork and adaptability.
POST REPORTING TO: Vice President Advancement
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all grantmaking efforts of The Peninsula Family Service, including writing, approving, and overseeing all grant applications to corporations, foundations, and government entities, including those developed by program staff.
- Oversee all cultivation efforts, including coordinating site visits, conference calls, writing and delivery of all grants, and more.
- Oversee the comprehensive stewardship program for foundations and other corporate and community partners, including delivering the benefits of being a corporate and community partner, thoughtful engagement and stewardship for each partner, and involvement of the CEO, Vice – Advancement chair and program officers in meetings with and stewardship of funders, as appropriate.
- Manage the master calendar of grant applications (new and recurring) and donor reports throughout the year.
- Coordinate with the Vice President of Advancement, Board of Directors, and other volunteers, as appropriate, to identify “links” to foundations and corporate sources and to enhance solicitation activities.
- Ensure grant effort aligns with PFS 2018-2022 strategic plan, goals, objectives and tactics.
Apply assessment and results:
- Peninsula Family Service has prioritized a commitment to strong data monitoring and evaluation for all programs, which is very useful for reporting to funders.
- Work with the Program Analyst for Evaluation and Learning, program staff, advancement team and leadership team to use and provide feedback on accountability and evaluation tools, including including logic models, evaluation systems and instruments used to capture measurable results
- Provide information related to donor reporting requirements related to Efforts Towards Results (ETO) of PFS Social Solutions in a coordinated manner
- Work with the Program Analyst for Evaluation and Learning to develop the Peninsula Family Service demographics annually.
- As our work with ETO continues to grow, there will be further opportunities for involvement as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of related experience in fundraising, grant research and writing or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Direct experience in grant writing. Excellent writing skills required.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and the process of seeking institutional grants, including methods and resources for seeking grants. Ability to manage all aspects of the proposal preparation process
- Knowledge and awareness of current community needs and trends
- Solid experience in managing relationships with corporations, foundations and other community partners to ensure recurring financial support from all entities
- Experience on a team involved in an organization-wide fundraising campaign or preferred