Erie County Family Planning Center
Jesse Nash Health Center
608 William Street
Buffalo, NY 14206
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
About the Center
The Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH) Family Planning Center provides confidential, non-judgmental, comprehensive, and patient-centered reproductive services regardless of age, gender, race, religious affiliation, sexual orientation and/or disability.
At ECDOH Family Planning Center, we provide education and support to select the most effective and appropriate contraceptive method for you.
We work closely with each patient to ensure healthy and safe reproductive health choices are made. We offer several resources and can help refer you to other health care providers based on your needs.
- All insurances are accepted for payment.
- All Erie County residents are seen regardless of ability to pay. Staff are available on site to help those who are uninsured receive low-cost or free family planning services and apply for the family planning benefit program.
Family Planning Benefit Program
- A public health insurance program for those who may not be able to afford family planning services
Who is eligible?
- New York residents, male or female
- Meet certain income requirements and are not already enrolled in Medicaid or Family Health Plus
To apply, please bring
- Valid photo ID (licence, school ID)
- Proof of income (4 weeks of pay stubs, proof of unemployment or Social Security disability benefits)
- Proof of address (stamped rent receipt or non-window envelope sent within the last month)
- Well-Woman Examinations
- Sexual health education and counseling
- birth control pills
- Intrauterine devices (IUDs)
- Vaginal Ring (Nuva Ring)
- Implant (Nexplanon)
- Shooting (Depo Provera)
- Morning after pill (Plan B and Ella)
- Pregnancy test and advice on options
- Counselling, testing and treatment for STI and HIV prevention for men and women
- Pap tests
- Breast exams and mammography referrals
- Referral for prenatal care and infertility
- Vaccines against HPV, Hepatitis A/B and MMR
- Screening for high blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes
Patient Satisfaction Survey
Have you visited an ECDOH clinic recently? Please complete this brief survey to help us serve you better!