BREAKING: Family members say Buffalo shooter was paranoid about COVID, wore a breathing mask and recently caught it

Relatives of the suspect in the Buffalo mass shooting, which claimed the lives of 10 people, accuse Covid “paranoia and isolation” of being behind the attack.

Family members of suspect Payton Gendron, 18, said The New York Post that he has “probably broken” from the isolation caused by the pandemic. Gendron, the only suspect in the case, showed clear signs of mental instability before going to the Tops Friendly Market and specifically targeting black people with a semi-automatic rifle.

“I have no idea how he got caught up in this. I blame COVID,” said Sandra Komoroff The post office, a 68-year-old cousin of Gendron’s mother. “He was very paranoid about catching COVID, extremely paranoid, to the point that his friends said he would wear the hazmat suit [to school].”

“And then he got COVID just a few weeks ago… He went to family gatherings with a respirator on. He absolutely wasn’t going to get COVID, and then he got COVID. They were vaxxed at the Max. I don’t know if it was a bad case, I just know he caught it,” Komoroff said, adding that Gendron had “acquired in the fear of COVID.”

“That’s the only way to tell,” Komoroff said. “When you’re at home all day on the internet, you miss the human touch. There’s a lot of emotion and a lot of body language that you don’t get. [as] when you see their face.”

Gendron livestreamed the horrific attack from his personal account on the Twitch streaming service.

Regarding his history of violent threats, Gendron threatened to carry out a school shooting at his high school in 2021, which brought him to the attention of the FBI. Family members said The post office that he needed help but “clearly never got it”.

Dave Komoroff, Sandra’s husband, said COVID could have affected “what they call the lizard brain, the part of the brain that controls aggression.”

“I can’t say it’s impossible, but maybe it would happen once in so many millions of times,” he said. The post office.

A formal investigation into the mass shooting in Buffalo was launched on Monday and investigators say it will include finding out why several “red flags” regarding the suspect’s behavior were not addressed by authorities.

Gendron pleaded not guilty to the charge of first degree murder. If found guilty, he will face life without parole.

Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said prosecutors plan to treat the incident as a hate crime, saying, “The evidence we’ve uncovered so far doesn’t get it wrong, it’s about of an absolute racist hate crime that will be prosecuted as a hate crime,” according to Reuters.

The outlet added that “…in addition to seeking to better understand the motives behind Gendron’s attack, authorities will focus on what could have been done to stop him, as details of Gendron’s troubling behavior the teenager in high school and his online presence began to emerge.”

Records further showed that Gendron spent one day out of a half day at a facility undergoing mental health assessment in June 2021. He was, however, released to the general public without further action. have been taken.

It was also reported that a 180-page manifesto circulating on the Internet, allegedly authored by Gendron, referred to the “replacement theory” in which white people believe they are victims of a population war with people of other skin colors.

Comments are closed.